- Who is your favorite author and why? If I absolutely had to pick just one, right now it would be Ruth Ware.
- What are you reading now? I’m about to start THE FAMILY UPSTAIRS by Lisa Jewell, who I love!
- What book is currently on your bedside table? THE FAMILY UPSTAIRS
- What books or authors have most influenced your own writing? So many, Ruth Ware, Kimberly Belle, Lisa Jewell and Liane Moriarty especially.
- Who is the author you most admire in your genre? Ruth Ware
- Favorite quote (doesn’t matter the source) “You’ll never know what you’re capable of if you don’t try.” -Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Favorite book/story you have read as an adult THE DEATH OF MRS. WESTAWAY right now if I had to pick one. The atmosphere is incredibly written.
- Favorite book when you were a kid? All the Nancy Drew books.
- What famous author do you wish would be your mentor? Ruth Ware
- If you could ask one successful author three questions about their writing, writing process, or books, what would they be? How do you combat your weaknesses? How do you find helpful feedback? How do decipher what to change and what to leave alone regarding feedback?
- Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, are there any you’d recommend? I do not. I need to SEE the words as a writer.
- What do you like about audiobooks? I haven’t ventured into this yet.
- Do you have a library membership? Of course!
- How many bookshelves are in your house? One big one, but books are stashed lots of different places as well-haha.
MORE PERSONAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- What do you like to do when you are not writing? I love a good DIY project for our 1911 restored farmhouse, reading suspense/thrillers, watching Hitchcock movies, and I love working out because I’m weird.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? An actor.
- What was your dream job when you were younger? An actor.
- What’s for dinner tonight? What would you rather be eating? Probably take-out because I’ve cooked five nights in a row and I’m over it…and I’d rather be eating gluten because I can’t.
- What’s your favorite food? I am a sucker for any kind of chips and dip.
- What is the best part of your day? I love reading before bed and winding down.
- Have you ever been on any sports teams? If so, what sport? UT VOLS forever. Former majorette for UT here.
- Favorite artist and favorite song? Gosh, I am a sucker for The Lumineers, One Republic, Taylor Swift, and Britney.
- Your hero? Jesus
- If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why? Jeff Bridges (best voice ever), Jennifer Garner (cutest person ever), and my family and friends.
- If you could invite one person to dinner, who would it be and what would you cook? Jennifer Garner and we would cook together!
- Share something your readers wouldn’t know about you. I am a 6w5 on the enneagram.
- If you could only have one season, what would it be? I love Spring and Fall equally.
- If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be? Loyal, Persistent, Kind.
- If you could cure a disease, what would it be? COVID-19
- If you could choose celebrity parents, who would you choose? Jennifer Garner and Jennifer Garner.
- If you were a tour guide, what would you like a visitor to see and what impression would you want them to take away with them when they leave? I don’t think I have an answer for this one, honestly.
- What’s your favorite spot to visit in your own country? And what makes it so special to you? I’ve only been once, but I LOVE New York. Nothing quite like it.
- What did you do for Valentine’s Day? Is Valentine’s something to like to celebrate? Honestly, my dad was hospitalized for COVID for 3.5 months this year starting on Feb. 13….so I don’t want to relive that.
Would you rather
Would you rather be in a room full of snakes or a room full of spiders? Spiders? Both are pretty horrible.
Would you rather have an endless summer or an endless winter? Summer. Both sound incredibly annoying though.
Would you rather have constant nagging pain or a constant itch? Itch.
Would you rather have coffee or tea? Always tea.
Would you rather always be an hour early or be constantly twenty minutes late? Early. I guess it would be less stressful than always being rushed and late.
Would you rather live in a haunted mansion or live in a un-haunted cottage? Un-haunted cottage for sure!
Tea or coffee
Hot or cold
Movie or book
Book, but love movies too!
Coke or Pepsi
Toilet paper – over or under
Over. I am not a monster!
Morning person or Night owl
Shower or bath
Bath with lavender
City or country
Social Media or book
Paperback or ebook